General Data Protection Regulation („GDPR“) aims to protect your “rights and freedoms” as individual and to ensure that your personal data is not processed without your knowledge and your consent.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The StartupLynx automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platforms, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable).
When you first register for a StartupLynx account, and when you use the Services, we collect some Personal Information about you such as:
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
- Your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
- A unique StartupLynx user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration
- Other optional information as part of your account profile
- Your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
- Other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods
- User generated content (such as search queries, messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Supported Platforms)
- Images, videos or other files that you may publish via our Services
- Information (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images) we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning
StartupLynx SaaS uses visitors’ data for the following general purposes:
- To identify you when you login to your account
- To enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you
- To analyse the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
- To contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
- To share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services to prospective advertisers and partners
- To keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
- To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyse trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users
- To keep the Services safe and secure
- We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Last updated: Tue 4 Aug 2020